- This event has passed.
Regenerative Agriculture Workshop – Focus on Organic Production
Are you currently Certified Organic? Or are you farming conventional and are interested in the possibilities of organic production? Then this workshop is important. Agriculture is based in the principles of biology. Become a Biological Farmer and embrace Regenerative Principles to make your farm profitable and sustainable.
The workshop is all day July 17 followed with a morning tour July 21 to demonstrate regenerative practices.
- July 17 in Brandon (Location TBD)
- Tour July 21 in Boissevain
Workshop Coordinators – Blain Hjertaas and Michael Thiele
Maximum 30 producers. Contact Michael Thiele to register at [email protected] or 204-365-6334 cell.
Please pass the word on to producers that may be interested.
Workshop Agenda (focused on Organic Production):
- The Problems – degraded soil, low profitability, climate change
- Ecosystem Principles
- Regenerative Ag Principles and climate
- Carbon – key soil indicator of farm profitability – photosynthesis, carbon use efficiency
- N – n fixation, carbon:nitrogen ratio
- P – how to manage P in an organic system
- Weeds and Tillage
- Grazing – integrating livestock
- Soil Biology
- Real World Scenarios – problem solving using Regenerative Ag Principles
- Soil Testing