USDA – Compared with two weeks ago, trade active on good demand for feed grade corn with the bulk of activity in new crop contracts. Feed corn traded 1.48 higher, with premiums due in part to short positions.
Feed grade soybean trade moderate on good demand. No comparable trades from the prior period to trend, but firm undertones noted. Trade activity and demand for soybean meal moderate, trading 23.04 higher.
Trade inactive on all other organic grains.
According to the NASS National Crop Progress Report for week ending Apr. 22, 2018:
- Corn planted 5 per cent
- Soybeans planted 2 per cent
- Sorghum planted 24 per cent
- Oats planted 31 per cent, emerged 26 per cent
- Winter wheat headed 13 per cent
- Spring wheat planted 3 per cent
- Barley planted 11 per cent, emerged 2 per cent
To see the full market report courtesy of the USDA, click here.
*All prices listed in US dollars