USDA – Compared to two weeks ago, trade activity moderate on good demand for old crop feed grade corn. Prices unevenly steady. Forward contract activity was mostly for new crop feed grade corn and food grade HRW Wheat.
In the food grade HRW wheat supply, end users buying 11‐11.7 per cent protein paid $.88‐.92/pt FOB; for 13.5 per cent protein, $1.04/pt FOB; for sub 10.5 per cent , $.81/pt DEL; and for 12‐14 per cent, $1.07‐1.08/pt DEL. Trade activity on all other organic grain too limited to trend.
Per the NASS Crop progress report for week ending July 29, 2018, crop progress percentages were:
- Corn silking 91 per cent, dough 38 per cent
- Soybeans blooming 86 per cent, setting pods 60 per cent
- Sorghum headed 54 per cent, coloring 26 per cent
- Winter wheat harvested 85 per cent
- Spring wheat harvested 4 per cent
- Oats harvested 38 per cent
- Barley headed 97 per cent, harvested 2 per cent.
To see the full market report courtesy of the USDA, click here.
*All prices listed in US dollars