By OrganicBiz staff
Young Agrarians, a farmer-to-farmer educational resource network for new and young regenerative farmers, recently released the first edition of the Alberta Land Access Guide.
The Alberta Land Access Guide is a one-of-a-kind resource, recognizing the challenging and intimidating process of finding land as a new farmer. It takes land seekers through the step-by-step process of accessing and evaluating land. It also provides insight to landowners looking for someone to come and farm their land.
Inside the Alberta Land Access Guide, you will find:
- Case stories of new farmers and how they got onto land
- Overview of the nuts and bolts of leasing land: benefits, options, and agreements
- Purchasing land: strategies for building equity
- Attributes to consider when assessing potential land opportunities
- Navigating farm business start-up
- Community farms and land sharing
“The Alberta Land Access Guide is full of case stories of people doing creative things to gain access to farmland. This is going to be a cornerstone resource for new farmers in Alberta and will show that the farming journey and finding land is possible!” says Dana Penrice, Young Agrarians Prairies Program Manager.
The guide is free to the public and can be downloaded at the Young Agrarians website.